top of page

Support Services

Community Support and Outreach Services Central Coast (Community SOS) at the Narara Community Centre offers practical help and support to the people our community via the following services:

Financial Counselling

Free financial counselling available to anyone facing financial hardship - more information

No Interest Loan Scheme NILS

Interest free loans for individuals or families on low income - more information

EAPA Scheme

Energy Accounts Payment Assistance EAPA Scheme for people needing help to pay their home electricity and/or natural gas bills, stay connected, or needing help to reconnect. - more information

LIFE Youth

An essential and intensive life skills program that all young people should attend.  Designed to provide youth with skills to live independently and financially equipped as they transition into adulthood - More information

Community Services Information & Referral

We have links with many support organisations in the areas of:

  • Counselling,

  • Domestic violence support,

  • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander

  • Accommodation

  • Cultural & Linguistically Diverse (CLAD)

  • Care for Pets/Animals

We can help you connect with these services. Please contact us for more information.

Tax Help from August to October

If you need help lodging your tax return, you may be eligible for the Tax Help program. Tax Help is a network of ATO-trained and accredited community volunteers who provide a free and confidential service to help people complete their tax returns online using myTax. Tax Help is available from July to October.

Am I eligible for Tax Help?

You are eligible for Tax Help if your income is around $60,000 or less for the income year and you did not:

  • work as a contractor, for example a contract cleaner or taxi driver

  • run a business, including as a sole trader

  • have a partnership or trust matters

  • sell shares or an investment property

  • have capital gains tax (CGT)

  • receive royalties

  • receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund

  • receive foreign income, other than a foreign pension or annuity

Kids Helpline

Kids Helpline is Australia's only free, private and confidential phone and online counselling service for your people aged 5 to 25. You can call Kids Helpline direct on 1800 55 1800. It's a free call, even from mobiles. You can also connect one-on-one with a Kids Helpline counsellor through Webchat.

But if you need a phone (Out of Credit) or want a private and secure place to make your call come to us and we can help you out.

Emergency Relief

We can help those in crisis by being the first port of call for people who are in desperate need. We have helped women and children who have fled from violent homes to relocate through transport costs or furniture removal, continuing education, school fees, food assistance etc. We have also helped those who found themselves suddenly homeless through other crises such as disasters or financial loss. We can also help put you in touch with support organisations that can help you in your time of need. Please contact us now if you need help.

Contact us for more information and to make an appointment

bottom of page